Jaydee doesn’t like to go to sleep, I wish she was more like my brother Joseph and would go to bed when she was tired. Instead she just fights it and cries all night. Deedra asked her what was wrong? She sobbed “I don’t know.” Deedra said, then why are you crying? (pause) Sobbing “because I’m hungry.” Then she was thirsty and I took her a drink, she didn’t touch it because she was telling me (very dramatically) how time out worked. “When I go to time out (sob between every word), because I make sad choices, then I cry cuz you won’t talk to me.” (I gently remind her that I can’t talk to her in time out) “Then it goes beep, beep and I get out of time out and make happy choices” (Yes, the timer goes off) “Do you push the buttons to make it beep?” Jaydee, do you want a drink or should I go now? Remember this is like the 10th time someone has been in to check on her. It was so funny!
Deedra gave me a print out of super nanny's bedtime tips! As she hands me the copy, she says I don't want to overstep but... I love my sister and she couldn't offend me. Yes, we have a spoiled little girl. And yes I am jealous of Deedra's twins who you hand them a pacifier and they go right to sleep. But I do love Jaydee's inventive ways to get out of bed. Last night she came in because she had "toked" (choked) in her bed. She then took the bowl next to my bed and pretended to cough/gag into the bowl. (Remember I have been throwing up all last week). I do admit that I am very entertained by her.
6 years ago

3 people know that Vandee likes comments:
I think our little girls have something in common. Lila hates to go to sleep too. I think she is afraid that she is going to miss something. I have a turtle that goes on the side of her crib that plays music. Worth it's wait in gold. But still a lot of the time she just has to cry herself to sleep... I hope you are starting to feel better!
that Jaydee is too cute....I hope she's sleeping throught the night soon...if not then I hope she'll atleast take a nap during the day so you can sleep when the baby is born and HE'S keeping yo uup all night too. I? But you know...it all seems to work out. I just hope you are feeling better and that everything goes good with your delivery. Keep me posted!
Hmmm, this sounds all too familiar. I hope you can get more sleep...you need your rest before the little guy comes!
Post a Comment